About the programme
Orange Corners is an initiative of the Kingdom of the Netherlands executed by MDF West Africa at the Ghana Innovation Hub in collaboration with our private sector partners Fidelity Bank, Emergent Payments, Friesland Campina, Vivo Energy Ghana, Meridian Port Services (MPS), PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) and Allianz.
The Orange Corners Ghana programme is a 6-month acceleration programme with 12 workshop days (9.30AM - 3PM each day), several (online) masterclasses and individual coaching sessions, including access to working space at the Ghana Innovation Hub. After successful completion of the programme companies with a clear investment need can apply for the Orange Corners Innovation Fund (managed by our partner Fidelity Bank Ghana) for a growth loan up to EUR50,000 at 5% interest with a 2-year tenor. *Please note we have a kid's corner at the Ghana Innovation Hub, so you can bring your kids (and someone to watch them) while you are in the workshops.
Selection Criteria: We will be selecting two cohorts of 15 registered businesses with existing sales. One of these cohorts will be female-only – women are strongly encouraged to apply. Your business has a client base– but you are looking to grow by e.g. developing new products and services or grow the existing client base locally, regionally or internationally. We do not have a sector focus, so any company can apply. Our selection criteria are:
• Your company is registered and has been making substantial sales for at least a year
• You sell a product or service that offers a sustainable solution to a local social, economic or environmental challenge (impact)
• You have a financial statement for 2021 (this does not have to be an audited statement but should show your cost and revenue).
• You have multiple team members or staff and the applicant is between 18 – 35 years at the time of application (please note we expect the founder/CEO or another key decision maker to participate in the workshops)
• Your company is interested to apply for - and repay – a growth loan up to 50,000 euros at 5% interest with a 2-year tenor through the Orange Corners Innovation Fund (after successful completion of the programme)
• You are not participating in any other programs or competitions at the time of application
• You are located in the greater Accra region and/or able to pay for own transport to- and from the Ghana Innovation Hub for all in-person sessions
To ensure participation and commitment to the program, businesses will pay a GHC1000 deposit upon selection which will be refunded to them after full participation for the program workshops and coaching.
February 20th: Online Application deadline (10PM GMT) APPLY HERE
March 1-3: A selection bootcamp (please keep these days free when you apply – if you are invited to the bootcamp sessions you will be informed by email on February 25th)
Cohort 5 (all-female):
Program dates: March 14-15, April 4-5, May 2-3, May 30-3, June 20-21 and July 11-12
Cohort 6 (regular):
Program dates: March 14-15, April 6-7, May 4-5, June 1-2, June 22-23 and July 13-14
Coaching during the program (1 day per month) – to be scheduled as needed.
*Please also keep 16-18 March free in your calendar to attend the three-day Ghana Innovation Hub #innov8GH conference!
Please contact email@example.com or call 0556959376 in case of any questions. We look forward to your applications!