About the programme
Orange Corners is an initiative of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in collaboration with MDF West Africa, the Ghana Innovation Hub and our private sector partners Fidelity Bank, Emergent Payments, Friesland Campina, Vivo Energy Ghana, Meridian Port Services (MPS), PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) and Allianz. Our ambition is to further develop and strengthen the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Ghana. We do this by enabling youth to formalise their existing companies and by providing entrepreneurs with the necessary opportunities, skills and access to markets and capital. The Orange Corners Ghana programme is a 6-month acceleration programme with 10 workshop days, several (online) masterclasses and individual coaching sessions. At the same time, Orange Corners Ghana serves as a bridge between these innovative entrepreneurs and the private sector and access to finance through our Orange Corners Innovation Fund. This offers a great benefit to all partners involved.
We will offer you access to our working space, partners and our experts to help scale-up your business, in the form of training and coaching. During the 6-month programme we will have 10 workshop days, but will also engage with your business and team one-on-one, so we can support you when and where needed. If at the end of the program you have a clear investment need, you can apply for the Orange Corners Innovation Fund (managed by Fidelity Bank Ghana) for a growth loan up to 50,000 euros at 5% interest with a 2-year tenor.
Selection Criteria: We will be selecting up to 15 businesses and are looking for registered businesses with existing sales. Your business has a client base– but you are looking to grow by e.g. developing new products and services, expanding regionally or grow the existing client base. We do not have a sector focus. Our selection criteria are:
- Your company is registered and has been making sales for at least a year
- You sell a product or service that offers a sustainable solution to a local social, economic or environmental challenge (impact)
- You have a financial statement for least the past year. This does not have to be an audited statement but should at least show your cost and revenue.
- You have multiple team members or staff and the applicant is between 18 – 35 years at the time of application (please note we expect the founder/CEO or another key decision maker to participate in the workshops)
- Your company is interested to apply for - and repay – a growth loan up to 50,000 euros at 5% interest with a 2-year tenor through the Orange Corners Innovation Fund (after successful completion of the programme)
- You are not participating in any other programs or competitions at the time of application
- Located in the greater Accra region and/or be able to pay for own transport to- and from the Ghana Innovation Hub
To ensure participation and commitment to the program, businesses will pay a GHC1000 deposit upon selection which will be refunded to them after full participation for the program workshops and coaching.
August 29th: Online Application deadline. APPLY HERE
September 9-10: Two-day selection bootcamp (please keep these days free when you apply – if you are invited to the bootcamp you will be informed by email on September 3rd)
Program workshops: September 15-16, October 13-14, November 10-11, December 8-9, January 12-13, 2022
Final networking event: March 10th 2022
Weekly coaching hour during the program and 1 day per month of coach support – to be scheduled as needed.
Please contact email@example.com in case of any questions. We look forward to your applications!